Designers are well worth their weight in gold! Here are ten quick reasons why they will make your life easier, save you money, and make your project a winner.
- Realistic expectations – The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills have an unlimited budget and a huge home to work with when they decorate, but most of us do not. A professional designer can help us live our dream, but help us understand our limitations as well, be they modest space, a challenging physical space, or a limited budget. Designers have the experience and expertise to help us keep it real while achieving the fantastic!
- Professional designers are able to see the potential where we might only see a blank wall. They come with fresh eyes and perspective that we often do not have.
- Designers often know what will work through sheer experience and practice. And they also know what will NOT work, which is equally important.
- Designers help save you money, both because they often have special sources that you do not, and because they can help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Designers generally speak a foreign language that most consumers do not, including “contractor,” “architect,” and “permit approval officer.” Great design is not only a question of a unique or stunning vision, but communicating the objectives to the many players involved in making the vision happen.
- Designers have tools such as 3D software programs to visualize the plan and work out problems in advance. You may be a computer whiz, but it is unlikely that you have those types of tools to work with.
- Professionals can provide you with a wide range of samples and materials that have been preselected to give you a good idea of actual materials you might use in your project. That saves you time and confusion since you do not have to wade through endless choices and products.
- Designers think creatively and can suggest options that you would not have considered. They may show you a color you would not have thought of, or a furniture grouping that you could not find in a furniture store display. Designers are known for thinking “out of the box” and creating the element of surprise in your design or redesign project.
- Designers offer a range of services, so you are in control. They can do something as simple as helping you choose a paint color, an upholstery fabric, or a full home redesign. Their stock-in-trade is helping you to discover your taste and preferences and translating them into a space and result that you love.
- Designers can provide your home with a “WOW” factor that is impossible for you to achieve on your own. Most of us find it hard to take risks or gamble with our hard-earned decorating money. A designer can help you accomplish a surprising and sometimes stunning result instead of doing a simple re-do of what you already have. Designers can help provide a fresh, exciting, even dazzling look that will transform your living space.
Designers… are just what the house doctor ordered!