Style and trends can challenge the best designers. Here are some of the outgoing and incoming design trends for 2018 as presented by House Beautiful:
- The “it” color for 2018 will be lavender, while Millenial Pink is on its way out.
- Bamboo flooring is losing favor due to low durability.
- DIY storage, popularized through Pinterest postings, was over exposed and looks junky.
- Reclaimed wood, rustic and eco-friendly, also lost appeal with home-owners.
Meanwhile, Pinterest showed a 75% increase in home-centric pins in 2017. Here are some of the stats:
- Pins of art or decorations painted directly onto bare walls were up 637%.
- Mixed metallics (furniture, appliances, etc.) were up 423%.
- 1970’s era Terrazo flooring (stone chips in poured epoxy) pins were up 316%.
- Painted, decorative “statement” ceilings were up 310%.
Keeping up with trends can be challenging, a good designer can help you navigate the trends.